The Cooperative Education Fund supports cooperative development of educational resources, sponsors research, and backs educational programs that strengthen and expand cooperatively owned businesses with the purpose of improving the lives and livelihoods of members and their communities.
The Cooperative Education Fund prioritizes grants for:
- research about cooperatives,
- development of educational materials,
- scholarships to organizations hosting educational events, and
- sponsorship for National or Regional events.
Who may apply: Cooperatives, cooperative development organizations, cooperative related groups and members, staff and board members of cooperatives. Grants are only available in the United States.
Review process: Applications and supporting materials will be reviewed by the Fund's Advisers. Applications for more than $1,000 will also be reviewed by the CDF Board. All applicants will be notified as to the status of their applications.
Recipient obligation: Cooperative Education Fund recipients are required to report on the use of their grant(s) within a year of receipt.
Re-application: Applicants may re-apply to the Fund on condition that CDF has received a final or interim report on all previous grants the applicant has received.
The Cooperative Education Fund will not give grants for:
- capital expenditures, general operating expenses or endowments;
- sponsorship of local events;
- projects outside of the United States; or
- projects or programs that have already occurred.
- Grant applications range between $1,000 to $10,000 and the typical grant awarded is between $1,000 to $5,000.
- The Fund will not support development of proprietary materials. Materials developed with support from the Cooperative Education Fund must be available to all at little or no cost.
- Organizations hosting educational events may apply for scholarships. The Fund doesn't provide scholarships to individuals.
- The application deadline for the spring cycle of grants is May 1.
- The application deadline for the fall cycle of grants is October 1.
For technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com.